Grateful Dead Live at Alumni Stadium - University of Massachusetts on 1979-05-12
- There are a number of bursts of wind noise throughout. I have been able to remove some of these completely, and the impact of what remains has been reduced.
- It appears that the tape was stopped between some songs, I have crossfaded to smooth these spots.
- (1) there is a cut at 12:56 and an unknown amount missing at the end, I
crossfaded to smooth the cut
(2) unknown amount missing at start
(3) large pop removed in left channel, at 1:45, by copying in right channel, so the sound is briefly in mono
- Editing with Adobe Audition, Sony Soundforge and Steinberg Wavelab (with iZotope Ozone, Waves X-Crackle & X-Noise)
- Downsampled to 16/44.1 with Wavelab and dithered with iZotope Ozone (MBIT+ setting)
- Tracked with CD Wave and flacs encoded with Flac Frontend
- * As the song starts Weir says "Tomorrow's Sunday, we're not gonna be here, so we're going to take advantage of today to give you some inspirational words of advice."
- Deadicated to RET, he would have revelled in this Terrapin!
Subject: Thank you
But this allows me to enjoy my alumni status.
And TICKET PHOTO is SICK!!!!
Thank you again.
Subject: Nice photo 1st show 4 me
The photo is copeyed from deadnet.
Subject: My First Dead Show
Subject: Ahmerst- University of Massachusetts
The Dead opened with a Rockin JACK STRAW. But it was my first show after seeing them through the 70's with Kieth and Donna and Bret was dissapointing. But Jerry, Bob,Phil,Bill,and Mickey prevailed. The show was spirited and when the biker rode up the Football Field to the front of the stage on his Harley it was really unforgetable to this day 31 years later.
Anything Jerry did will last forever.
Subject: good show
The weather looked like it was going to pour all day... damp and not pleasant. felt bad for the UMass kids since it was their spring fest, and the weather wasn't very "springy."
It was a great selection of tunes, with a stellar terrapin
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on